Facts & Figures
- Founded by two bicycle couriers in 2011 with an investment of 1,500 euro
- More than 30 employees in Graz and Berlin
- Currently more than 430 cities available in over 30 countries
- 500,000 app downloads
- Over 450,000 units sold of the Finn smartphone mount that was developed by Bike Citizens
- A four-days-week to allow more time for cycling and clearing the mind
Latest press releases, image material and further information on Bike Citizens
Version: July 2017, 134KB
Press releases & press reviews
Here you can view our latest press releases that are available to download. We would be happy to answer any specific questions you might have at any time.
PING if you care! First map shows bottlenecks marked by Brussels‘ cyclists
PING if you care! Cyclists in Brussels mark bottlenecks by the push of a button
PING if you care! Brusselse fietsers markeren knelpunten met een druk op de knop
A cycle race through a gallery? Only in the Altbaukriterium at the Berliner Fahrradschau.
Three.co.uk – These cycling apps will get you over the Tour de France finish line – 10-07-2017
The Guardian – Can you guess the city from its bike lane maps? – 15-06-2017
These photos are free to download. We are happy to provide further graphical material (e.g. a heatmap of a particular city) on request.
Bike Citizens App
Founders and Company
Bike Citizens has received a number of different awards in the past few years, including awards for our future-orientated working model, our exemplary approach that helps inspire more people to travel by bicycle and our innovative product solutions.