We are looking for a part time
to join our office in Graz.
If you share the idea of promoting urban cycling, then please read on for the key aspects of your role.
We’re looking for someone who wants to create dynamic, interactive web applications.
Being a small team, flexibility, ambition and experience with the other technologies we use is highly valued.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with all members of Bike Citizens (including Business Development, Marketing, Sales), which allows you to expand your horizons and take an active role in co-developing and refining concepts. You will play a central role at the interface between ideas and reality.
We keep bureaucracy at a minimum and encourage everybody to get involved. We have a strong focus on learning by trying out new things and by connecting with others (conferences, workshops).
Sounds like you? You‘re just one bike ride away!
You are an ideal match if you …
- Have experience building beautiful web applications (please show us examples)
- Bring a solid understanding of the basics of UI and UX concepts in order to allow efficient communication with our design team
- Have the ability to handle device specific requirements (e.g. loading latency on mobile, touch vs pointer, different resolutions and aspect ratios)
- Understand how common exploits work and how to safely handle user data
- Know how to use git and gulp.js
- Have some experience with PHP (WordPress, WooCommerce) and/or with Ruby on Rails, MySQL – this is not a requirement but is a plus
- Have solid English skills. German is an advantage but not required
- Are used to working on Linux (or other Unix) systems
Frameworks and tools
basic: Angular / AngularJS, gulp.js, git
bonus skills (optional): WordPress, Ruby on Rails, MySQL
Salary: The minimum salary listed for this position is €2,180 per month. Your actual salary will depend on your experience, skills, contribution to Bike Citizens and is to be negotiated. Salary is offered for 36h base, no all-in contracts.
We’re a team of 20+ running an award winning project from our charming offices in Graz and Berlin. We started out creating the world’s first navigation app focused on urban cycling and featuring full offline capabilities. The next big thing was the “Finn” smartphone mount. And there’s much more to come.