We are looking for a full time
Front End Web Developer
to join our office in Graz.
We’re a team of 20+ running an award winning project in great charming offices based in Graz and Berlin. We started out creating the world’s first navigation app focused on urban cycling and being fully offline capable. The next big thing was the “Finn” smartphone mount. There’s much more to come…
Bike Citizens is an independent company and we make our own rules. For example we decided to work only four days a week, that means weekends start on Thursday evening!
Being a small team means that we highly value flexibility, ambition and experience with the technologies we have in use.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with all members of Bike Citizens (including Business Development, Marketing, Sales), which allows you to expand your horizons and take an active role in co-developing and refining key concepts. You will play a central role at the interface between ideas and reality.
We keep bureaucracy at a minimum and encourage everybody to get involved. We have a strong focus on learning by trying out new things and by connecting with others (conferences, workshops).
You are an ideal match if you …
- Have experience building beautiful web applications (please show us examples)
- Bring a solid understanding of the basics of UI and UX concepts in order to allow efficient communication with our design team
- Have the ability to handle device specific requirements (e.g. loading latency on mobile, touch vs pointer, different resolutions and aspect ratios)
- Understand how common exploits work and how to safely handle user data
- Know how to use git and gulp.js
- Have some experience with PHP (WordPress, Prestashop) and/or with Ruby on Rails, MySQL – this is not a requirement but is a plus
- Have solid English skills. German is an advantage but not required
- Are used to working on Linux (or other Unix) systems
- Have good skills in any of: cooking, Wuzzler, chess 😉
As required by law, we hereby list the minimum salary as specified by the collective agreement (min 2.180 € gross / month). Your actual salary will depend on your experience, skills, contribution to Bike Citizens and is to be negotiated. Salary is offered for 36h base, no all-in-contracts.