We are looking for a full time
Android Developer, 36h
to join our office in Graz.
We’re a team of 20+ running an award winning project in great charming offices based in Graz and Berlin. We started out creating the world’s first navigation app focused on urban cycling and being fully offline capable. The next big thing was the “Finn” smartphone mount. There’s much more to come…
Bike Citizens is an independent company and we make our own rules. For example we decided to work only four days a week, that means weekends start on Thursday evening!
Being a small team means that we highly value flexibility, ambition and experience with the technologies we have in use.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with all members of Bike Citizens (including Business Development, Marketing, Sales), which allows you to expand your horizons and take an active role in co-developing and refining key concepts. You will play a central role at the interface between ideas and reality.
We keep bureaucracy at a minimum and encourage everybody to get involved. We have a strong focus on learning by trying out new things and by connecting with others (conferences, workshops).
If you share the idea of promoting urban cycling, then please read on for the key aspects of your role …
Java, Android framework, SQL
Ruby, Rails, Python
Android Studio ,git, Eclipse / Atom,
Jenkins CI, espresso tests, JUnit tests
- You will play a central role at the interface between ideas and reality
- You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure as well as collaborating with our UI/UX designer
- You will design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- You will be in charge of the applications’ quality and performance, including
reasonable handling of edge cases, usability, and general reliability
You are an ideal match if you …
- Have proven software development experience with a focus on the Android
- Have proven working experience in Android app development and have published
at least one original Android app
- Bring solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Have strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best
- Are able to write and work with feature specifications
- Are able to understand and collaborate on varied parts of the system architecture
- Are able to identify and fix bugs and bottlenecks (sustainably)
- Are able to manage the app release process
- Are able to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Are used to working on Linux (or other Unix) systems
- Are a positive and proactive person
- Want to keep learning and show your know how
As required by law, we hereby list the minimum salary as specified by the collective agreement (min 2.180 € gross / month). Your actual salary will depend on your experience, skills, contribution to Bike Citizens and is to be negotiated. Salary is offered for 36h base, no all-in-contracts.