Hi, we’re Bike Citizens and we’re looking for a full-time (32-36h)
Mobile Developer (Android / iOS)
with the skills and motivation to transform great concepts and designs into advanced applications on the Android and/or iOS platform.
If you share the idea of promoting urban cycling, then please read on for the key aspects of your role …
• You will play a central role at the interface between ideas and reality
• You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure as well as collaborating with our UI/UX designer
• You will design and build advanced applications for the iOS and/or Android platform
• You will be in charge of the applications’ quality and performance, including reasonable handling of edge cases, usability, and general reliability
You are an ideal match if you …
• Have proven software development experience with a focus on Android and/or iOS
• Have proven working experience in mobile app development and have published at least one app
• Bring solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
• Have strong knowledge of UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Are able to write and work with feature specifications
• Are able to understand and collaborate on varied parts of the system architecture
• Are able to identify and fix bugs and bottlenecks (sustainably)
• Are able to manage the app release process
• Are able to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Are a positive and proactive person
• Want to keep learning and share your know how
strong: Android: Java, Kotlin; Android Studio
iOS: Objective-C, Swift; XCode
Persistence/ORMs, HTTP Networking/REST, Dependency
some experience: SQL
basic experience: C/C++ (iOS & Android), Objective-C++ (iOS)
bonus skills: React Native
Mapping frameworks such as Skobbler/Scout SDK or Mapbox SDK
Python, Ruby on Rails
Jenkins CI, GitLab CI, Ato
Salary: The minimum salary for this position is set at € 2.250 gross/month for 36h base. Your actual salary will depend on your experience, skills and contribution to Bike Citizens and is to be negotiated.
We’re a team of 25+ running an award winning project in great charming offices based in Graz and Berlin. We started out creating the world’s first navigation app focused on urban cycling and being fully offline capable. The next big thing was the “Finn” smartphone mount. There’s much more to come…
Bike Citizens is an independent company and we make our own rules. For example we decided to work only four days a week, that means weekends start on Thursday evening!
Being a small team means that we highly value flexibility, ambition and experience with the technologies we have in use.